Houghton on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan - Examination
From: 28/06/2017 To: 06/09/2017.
Notice is given that the Houghton on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan has been submitted by Houghton on the Hill Parish Council and Houghton on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group to Harborough District Council for examination.
In accordance with the regulations, the following documents have been submitted for examination:
- Copy of the Houghton on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan proposal (3.8MB)
- Map of the parish of Houghton on the Hill to which the plan relates (1.2MB)
- Statement of Public Consultation (6.7MB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (3.5MB)
A ten week consultation on the proposed Neighbourhood Plan is now underway running from 28 June to 6 September 2017. Representations on the Plan Proposal are welcome and must be submitted to Harborough District Council on either the submission eform (114KB) or the printed submission form (128KB) provided no later that 6 September 2017 by either:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to Strategic Planning, Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7AG
Hard copies of the documents can be inspected at:
- Harborough District Council Customer Services
- Market Harborough Library
- Newscentre 6, St Catharine’s Way, Houghton on the Hill
- Houghton Garage 71, Uppingham Road, Houghton on the Hill, LE7 9HJ
- Telephone box beside the Village Hall, Main Street, Houghton on the Hill, LE7 9GE
- Evington Library, 200 Evington Library, Evington, Leicester, LE5 6DH
If you wish to be notified of the Council’s decision on the plan proposal then please state this in your representation.
Harborough District Council will appoint a suitably qualified Examiner to carry out an examination into the Houghton on the Hill Neighbourhood Plan. All representations received during the consultation period will be forwarded to the appointed Examiner and be made publically available.
In completing the representation form, please be aware that the Examiner will only be testing whether the proposed Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and other relevant legal requirements. The Examiner will not be testing the soundness of the plan or looking at other material considerations but checking that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State
- Contributes to the achievement of sustainable development
- Is in general conformity with the Core Strategy
- Does not breach, and is otherwise compatible with, EU and human rights obligations
- Meets prescribed conditions and complies with prescribed matters
- Meets the legal requirements.