Letters are being sent to all Harborough residents on the register of electors explaining changes to the way you register to vote. Find out more about the changes to the way you register to vote
Sports equipment now available to hire out in Welland Park Café!
With the summer fast approaching, there are now plenty of opportunities for people to get more active and play sport within Welland Park in Market Harborough.
With the addition of both a new table tennis table and new rugby posts both located in the park, along with the already existing tennis courts; Welland Park has got a wide variety of sports on offer to the public.
In partnership with Welland Park Café, Harborough District Council have arranged for more sports equipment to be made available for the public to hire out and use.
Anyone in the park can go and hire out a variety of different sports equipment which includes
tennis rackets / balls
table tennis bats / balls
rugby balls / kicking tees
All these can all be hired out at a charge of £1 each, along with a £5 refundable deposit for using the equipment.
Location of facilities in the park:
- Tennis Courts are located directly opposite Welland Park Café
- Table Tennis table is located to the side of Welland Park Café
- Rugby Posts are located on the main grass area next to Welland Park road
Please come on down to Welland Park and hire out sports equipment available from Welland Park Café! You just need to go to the counter inside Welland Park Café and they will provide you with your equipment.
The Council would like to thank Vaughan Allington (Secretary of Market Harborough Table Tennis Club) who was responsible for ensuring the table tennis table was put into Welland Park. Also, thanks to Leicestershire and Rutland Sport for supporting the bid to get the rugby posts in the Park, hopefully this will encourage more individuals to take up sport in the future!
Pages in this section
- What is Active Together?
- Getting your recommended, weekly 150 minutes of moderate exercise just got easier!
- Healthy Harborough Walks
- Healthy Harborough Walks (When and Where)
- Fancy a stroll in or around Market Harborough?
- Weekend Wanderer walks return! Sunday 5 October ... more details soon
- Family Lifestyle Club in Fleckney - September 2014
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Fleckney
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Lutterworth
- FREE training for people who work with children aged 0-5 years - Purposeful Physical Play
- Sports equipment now available to hire out in Welland Park Café!
- Active Ageing Week in Harborough - Monday 29th September – Sunday 5th October 2014
- Lifestyle, Eating and Activity Programme (LEAP)
- Anyone for tennis? Adult and child tennis coaching
- 'No Strings' Badminton in Harborough
- Pack a punch at Market Harborough's Boxing Academy!
Rate this page
- Advice and benefits
- Community and living
- Council and democracy
- Education and learning
- Environment and planning
- Health and social care
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Transport and streets