Getting your recommended, weekly 150 minutes of moderate exercise just got easier!
New adult Social Fitness Zone comes to Market Harborough - available for use now!
Harborough District Council has teamed up with Proludic, the outdoor play equipment specialists, to bring a brand new outdoor, free for all the community to use, adult fitness area – the social fitness zone (SFZ) – to Welland Park (next to children's play area).
Whatever your age, there's plenty of evidence that demonstrates the many health benefits of being physically active. People who do regular activity have a lower risk of many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke and some cancers.
Who can use the the social fitness zone (SFZ)?
The SFZ is the perfect place to meet and exercise with friends or family. There are three pieces of equipment included within the zone with clear instructions on how to use the equipment.
The SFZ is designed for those people who are beginning their journey to better health and fitness and equally well suited to someone who exercises regularly and using the SFZ as a warm-up or cool-down area.
- A balancing beam which can be used to do press ups, step overs, toe taps
- Wall bars are a great workout for calf and thigh muscles
- Stepping posts can be used for shuttle runs, hop over and weaves for a whole body work out
If you want to track your SFZ progress, download our Personal Progress Planner.
To stay healthy the Department of Health recommends that adults aged 19-64 should try to be active daily and should do:
- At least 150 minutes or 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity such as cycling or fast walking every week, and
- Muscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms).
Contact the Active Together Harborough Team on 01858 828282 or email us email@example.com for further information about the Social Fitness Zone.
Pages in this section
- What is Active Together?
- Getting your recommended, weekly 150 minutes of moderate exercise just got easier!
- Healthy Harborough Walks
- Healthy Harborough Walks (When and Where)
- Fancy a stroll in or around Market Harborough?
- Children's Summer Activity 2014 brochure - Harborough
- Playing out returns to Market Harborough and Lutterworth
- Weekend Wanderer walks - Sat 26 July 2014 / Little Brington, Northamptonshire
- Family Lifestyle Club in Fleckney - September 2014
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Fleckney
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Lutterworth
- Sports equipment now available to hire out in Welland Park Café!
- Active Ageing Week in Harborough - Monday 29th September – Sunday 5th October 2014
- Lifestyle, Eating and Activity Programme 2014 dates and venues
- Anyone for tennis? Adult and child tennis coaching
- Active Together Harborough activity guide
- 'No Strings' Badminton in Harborough
- Pack a punch at Market Harborough's Boxing Academy!
Rate this page
- Advice and benefits
- Community and living
- Council and democracy
- Education and learning
- Environment and planning
- Health and social care
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Transport and streets