Weekend Wanderer walks - Saturday 8th November from 10am - we are off to Tilton
What are Weekend Wanderer walks?
Weekend Wanderer walks are for those people who enjoy a longer walk through the beautiful Harborough (and sometimes further afield!) countryside. The walks will cross fields and stiles and last between 2 and 4 hours and usually involve a refreshment stop in a pub or cafe.
When is the next walk taking place?
Saturday 8 November, 2014.
We will be meeting from 10am (to use toilets, order food etc.) at the crossroads Marefield Lane/Oakham Road opposite the church and pub, post code LE7 9LF, parking is available along Marefield Lane. We will start walking from 10.30am prompt.
About the walk - distance and duration
This is a rural walk of approximately 5.5 miles, the walk will be quite undulating but with stunning scenery, on very quiet lanes, tracks, bridleways, walking through Skeffington, from memory, no stiles.
We shall have a short break (Skeffington) and estimate approximately 2.5 hours for the walk at a standard pace. The walk is open to all – you don’t have to eat at the pub to join the walk.
What should I wear / take?
Wear or take clothing that is fit for the weather. Waterproof, sturdy footwear is needed for these walks. Please ensure that you have enough drinking water, sun protection and refreshments to consume during the walk. If icy underfoot, walking poles may be an advantage. High visibility tops welcome but not essential. If you are planning to stay for a meal at a pub following the walk, non-muddy i.e. a change of footwear is needed.
Do I need to book a place?
No! Bookings are not necessary. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the stated walk start time at the meeting point. If you want to check whether (because of weather conditions) the walk is going ahead on the day, please call Colin on 07939 076486.
If you would like to join Colin and members of the group for lunch from 1.30pm at the Queens Head, Church Street, Billesdon, LE7 9AE http://www.everards.co.uk/our-pubs/queens-head-billesdon/ please contact Colin on 07939 076486 to order your meal no later than Weds 5 November.
Do I need to pay to attend the walk?
No. These walks are free to attend and are planned and organised by our dedicated team of volunteer walk leaders. Please contact the Active Together Harborough team for details of free walk leader training courses on 01858 828282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in this section
- What is Active Together?
- Getting your recommended, weekly 150 minutes of moderate exercise just got easier!
- Healthy Harborough Walks
- Healthy Harborough Walks (When and Where)
- Fancy a stroll in or around Market Harborough?
- Weekend Wanderer walks - Saturday 8th November from 10am - we are off to Tilton
- Family Lifestyle Club in Fleckney - October 2014
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Fleckney
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Lutterworth
- FREE training for people who work with children aged 0-5 years - Purposeful Physical Play
- Sports equipment now available to hire out in Welland Park Café!
- Active Ageing Week in Harborough - Monday 29th September – Sunday 5th October 2014
- Lifestyle, Eating and Activity Programme (LEAP) and WeightWatchers
- Dementia Walks in Market Harborough
- Anyone for tennis? Adult and child tennis coaching
- 'No Strings' Badminton in Harborough
- Pack a punch at Market Harborough's Boxing Academy!
Rate this page
- Advice and benefits
- Community and living
- Council and democracy
- Education and learning
- Environment and planning
- Health and social care
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Transport and streets