Weekend Wanderer walks - Sat 26 July 2014 / Little Brington, Northamptonshire
What are Weekend Wanderer walks?
Weekend Wanderer walks are for those people who enjoy a longer walk through the beautiful Harborough (and sometimes further afield!) countryside. The walks will cross fields and stiles and last between 2 and 4 hours and usually involve a refreshment stop in a pub or cafe.
When is the next walk taking place?
Sat 26 July 2014 - meet at 10am and walk starts no later than 10.15am
About the walk - distance and duration
Little Brington, Northants., NN7 4HS - meet at The Saracen’s Head, car park, Main St., Little Brington, Northants., NN7 4HS. Please arrive by 10am to order lunch (optional) and use toilets etc. before starting walk at NO LATER than 10.15am to be back by 1pm for lunch.
About the walk
This is a shortish walk of about 4 miles, about 2 stiles, very rural and mainly flat on tracks, on footpaths and through crops with well cleared paths - scenic landscapes and charming villages.
Proper walking boots recommended – some of the ground is uneven and could be a bit muddy should it have rained.
There is much added interest, historical and general including a rest in the cool church with tea and biscuits provided. The nice man with the kettle is an expert who can answer most questions that arise.
What should I wear / take?
Wear or take clothing that is fit for the weather. Waterproof, sturdy footwear is needed for these walks. Please ensure that you have enough drinking water, sun protection and refreshments to consume during the walk. If icy underfoot, walking poles may be an advantage. High visibility tops welcome but not essential.
Do I need to book a place?
No! Bookings are not necessary. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the stated walk start time at the meeting point. If you want to check whether (because of weather conditions) the walk is going ahead on the day, please call Colin on 07939 076486.
Do I need to pay to attend the walk?
No. These walks are free to attend and are planned and organised by our dedicated team of volunteer walk leaders. Please contact the Active Together Harborough team for details of free walk leader training courses on 01858 828282 or email@example.com
Pages in this section
- What is Active Together?
- Getting your recommended, weekly 150 minutes of moderate exercise just got easier!
- Healthy Harborough Walks
- Healthy Harborough Walks (When and Where)
- Fancy a stroll in or around Market Harborough?
- Children's Summer Activity 2014 brochure - Harborough
- Playing out returns to Market Harborough and Lutterworth
- Weekend Wanderer walks - Sat 26 July 2014 / Little Brington, Northamptonshire
- Family Lifestyle Club in Fleckney - September 2014
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Fleckney
- Choose to Move - new adult exercise class comes to Lutterworth
- Sports equipment now available to hire out in Welland Park Café!
- Active Ageing Week in Harborough - Monday 29th September – Sunday 5th October 2014
- Lifestyle, Eating and Activity Programme 2014 dates and venues
- Anyone for tennis? Adult and child tennis coaching
- Active Together Harborough activity guide
- 'No Strings' Badminton in Harborough
- Pack a punch at Market Harborough's Boxing Academy!
Rate this page
- Advice and benefits
- Community and living
- Council and democracy
- Education and learning
- Environment and planning
- Health and social care
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Transport and streets