'Baby' circuits comes to Market Harborough
'Baby' Circuit exercise class for mums-to-be continues in Market Harborough
Active Together Harborough launched its first 'Baby' Circuits exercise during pregnancy class in December 2012.
Did you know that pregnant women who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more may experience a range of health problems (and put the health of their unborn child at risk) during pregnancy and labour?
'Baby' Circuits are designed for mums-to-be who are overweight (and have a BMI of 25 or more). The exercises are tailored for mums-to-be to exercise safely during each trimester of their pregnancy. The goal for mums-to-be who attend these sessions is to
stabilise (rather than lose) their weight before the birth of their child and help reduce possible complications during pregnancy and labour
learn how to exercise safely and get back into the routine of regular exercise
increase core strength (abdominal exercise) and strengthen pelvic floor muscles
allow mums-to-be to meet and get to know other mums-to-be; class sizes are small
Jo, a trained pre and postnatal exercise specialist will lead the class and be on hand to offer advice and those attending will have a programme designed for their specific fitness needs.
You can continue with most of your usual fitness activities whilst you are pregnant. 'Baby' circuits for mums-to-be allows you to build strength and fitness gradually and safely, even if exercising is new to you.
The 45 minute (and stretching / cool down) sessions run at Naseby Square Community Hall (off Stuart Road), Market Harborough, LE16 9PA, from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
The sessions cost £4.50 per session.
For more details on this, or other activities, contact Jo Bloore on firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in this section
- What is Active Together?
- Healthy Harborough Walks
- Healthy Harborough Walks (When and Where)
- Fancy a stroll in or around Market Harborough?
- Harborough's Family Lifestyle Club starts October 2013!
- Lifestyle, Eating and Activity Programme for overweight adults
- Weekend Wanderer walks - will be back in January 2014
- Adult and child tennis coaching
- 'Baby' circuits comes to Market Harborough
- Banish the baby weight with Buggy B.L.T. in Market Harborough
- Active Together Harborough activity guide
- 'No Strings' Badminton in Harborough
- Pack a punch at Market Harborough's new Boxing Academy!
Rate this page
- Advice and benefits
- Community and living
- Council and democracy
- Education and learning
- Environment and planning
- Health and social care
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Transport and streets