Information for private landlords about Housing Benefit
How is Benefit worked out
By comparing how much income (money) your tenant has got coming in with how much money the Government says they need to live on, which reflect the basic living needs of the claimant and their family.
If your tenant is disabled they may be able to get more help.
If any other adults live with your tenant this may affect how much they are entitled to.
Pages in this section
- What is Housing Benefit - Local Housing Allowance
- Who can claim
- How to claim
- How is Benefit worked out
- When will Benefit be paid
- Benefit direct to Landlord
- Rent Arrears
- Information relating to a tenants claim
- Local Housing Allowance changes from 01.04.11
- Single Persons aged under 35 years