Information for private landlords about Housing Benefit
Benefit direct to Landlord
Where direct payment is made to the Landlord, a letter confirming the start date of the claim and the amount payable will be sent to you.
All personal details of the tenant's claim are confidential and cannot be used for any purpose other than assessing Benefit unless the tenant agrees in writing to this. Payment can be made directly into your bank account by BAC's.
To request payment by BAC's please complete the separate leaflet, BAC's for Landlords.
Payment can alternatively be paid by closed cheque.
Pages in this section
- What is Housing Benefit - Local Housing Allowance
- Who can claim
- How to claim
- How is Benefit worked out
- When will Benefit be paid
- Benefit direct to Landlord
- Rent Arrears
- Information relating to a tenants claim
- Local Housing Allowance changes from 01.04.11
- Single Persons aged under 35 years