View and comment on planning applications
Planning applications, appeals and decisions
You can view most planning applications, appeals and decisions on our website:
- View or comment on planning applications
- View monthly and weekly lists of planning applications
- View Planning Committee meetings and documents
- Search the planning enforcement register
- View planning and enforcement appeals
- View a list of planning decisions that have been taken
There are currently 3 applications in the Magna Park area:
- Application from Db Symmetry - reference: 15/00865/OUT
- Application from I D I Gazeley Ltd - reference: 15/00919/FUL
- Application from I D I Gazeley Ltd - reference: 15/01531/OUT
View or comment on planning applications in the Magna Park area - search for the applications using the application references. Listen to the stakeholder meeting for planning applications 15/00865/OUT and 15/00919/FUL held on 29 October 2015.
View plans and documents
Normally the plans and documents associated with new planning applications will be available to view as soon as possible. However, sometimes due to administrative work that must be carried out it may take several days for the information to appear. For reasons of confidentiality we may be obliged not to display certain applications.
In using our planning website you are agreeing to our copyright notice.
To view the documents contained on the planning website you need to ensure that 'pop-ups' are allowed for the site www.harborough.gov.uk. If you are using Internet Explorer when you select the'View Associated Documents' button you will see a message bar appear under the Internet Explorer address bar at the top of the page. Select this and allow pop ups from this site.
Making a comment
Anyone can comment on a planning application. Your comments will be made publicly available for viewing online, including your name and address.
Making comments online is useful as it allows for easy tracking and viewing of comments and applications.
All comments received will be taken into consideration provided that they are received before the application is determined. If you do not include your name and address, your comment will be regarded as anonymous. Anonymous comments will carry significantly less weight, and may be disregarded when the application is being considered.
It is the quality of what is being said and the reasoning and evidence behind this, which often makes a difference to the outcome of a planning application not the number of comments received or who has made them.
If comments are not submitted this does not mean that we will have any less consideration of the planning issues involved.
Key areas of consideration can vary from one application to another. Although this is not a complete list, these may include:
- Visual Impact
- Noise, smell, etc.
- Ecology - read guidance on wildlife records (PDF, 228KB)
- Economic impact
- Planning history
- Related decisions
Other factors cannot be taken into account when determining a planning application. Although this is not a complete list, these may include:
- The applicant
- Land ownership
- Private rights eg access
- Restrictive covenants
- Property Value
- Loss of View
- The existence of a 'better' site for development
If there is an appeal against a refusal of planning permission for a householder application, which is to be dealt with on the basis of written comments, all comments made about an application will be sent to the Secretary of State. There will be no further opportunity to comment at appeal stage.
Standards of conduct and acceptable use
All comments posted should be fair and relevant to current planning applications and should not contain offensive or personal material. We reserve the right to remove any contributions or block users that break the following guidelines:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, prejudicial to court proceedings, abusive, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, libellous, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- Do not swear
- Do not make offensive remarks about someone else
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming")
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else's, personal information, such as contact details
- Do not advertise products or services
- Do not impersonate someone else
Copyright notice and legal guidance on using the website
Plans, drawing and materials submitted to the council are protected by the Copyright Designs and Patents Act (Section 47 - 1988 Act).
The images are provided for information purposes only and you may only use material that is downloaded and/or printed for consultation processes, to compare current applications with previous schemes, and to check that developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
The online planning history contained within our site may be incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal 'Land Charge Search' or inspection of the statutory register of planning applications.
No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from our planning system. Similarly the information contained within the system does not constitute, in any way, a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk.