Which application method should I use?

Do I have to pay anything for the services of the Local Authority?

LABC logo grey Yes. A charge is payable to the Local Authority and will be subject to VAT. Each authority is required to set their charges according to the type of work involved and to publish them in a Scheme, which they will be able to make available to you on request. The basis for setting and making the charges is contained in The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 1998. Regulation 9 of these Regulations exempts from payment of a charge certain types of building work, which is solely required for disabled persons.