National Non-Domestic Rates (Business Rates)
What are Business Rates?
Business Rates (or National Non-Domestic Rates), together with Council Tax and Central Government grants help to fund local services such as education, the emergency services, libraries, highways maintenance and many others.
Business Rates are collected by Harborough District Council, of which 50% is paid directly to central government.
The present Business Rates system was introduced in 1990 when all business properties were valued. A revaluation normally takes place every 5 years, the next one is scheduled for April 2017.
Pages in this section
- What are Business Rates?
- Who is Liable to Pay Business Rates?
- How is the Bill Calculated?
- Transitional Relief/Premium
- How can I pay?
- Retail Discount (up to £1000)
- Small Business Rate Relief
- Charitable Relief, Relief for Registered Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC’s) and Discretionary Relief
- Rural Rate Relief
- How to contact the Business Rates Team