Animal Welfare Licences

Dangerous Wild Animals

The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 states that licences are required from the local authority to keep certain animals. An application must be made to the local authority who will inspect the premises where the animal is to be kept with a vet to ensure that the conditions, cages, food, etc. is suitable.

There is a fee plus the cost of an inspection by a Vet payable with an application for a Dangerous Wild Animal Licence.  the fee is outlined in the councils fees and charges