Disabled Relief Application
If you or someone who lives with you, is disabled, you may qualify for a reduction in the amount of Council Tax payable. These reductions take the form of charging Council Tax at a rate one valuation band lower than the banding shown in the valuation list for the property concerned.
The person liable to pay the Council Tax is eligible for this reduction if the dwelling meets certain conditions. These are:
- A disabled person must be resident in the dwelling, and either
- The dwelling contains a room other than a bathroom, kitchen or lavatory which is predominantly used by and is required for meeting the needs of the disabled person, or
- The dwelling contains an additional kitchen or bathroom which is required for meeting the needs of the disabled person, or
- There is sufficient floor space in the dwelling to permit the use of a wheelchair, and the disabled person needs the use of a wheelchair within the dwelling.
Please complete the Disabled Relief application form
The regulations allow a reduction for properties in Band A. If you require more information or an application form for disabled reductions, please contact Revenues and Benefits Teams.
Contact the Council Tax team for further advice.
Pages in this section
- What is Council Tax?
- Council Tax-Enquiries
- The Council Tax Bill
- Who Pays the Bill?
- Paying your Council Tax
- Change of Details
- Discounts and Exemptions
- Banding Enquiry
- Carer's Council Tax Discount
- Disabled Relief Application
- Single Occupancy Discount Claim
- Council Tax Recovery & Enforcement
- How to contact the Council Tax Team
- Council Tax Financial Information
- Council Tax Support Scheme
- Council Tax Discretionary Discount - CTDD