Change of Details
A change of address
A change in the number of adult occupiers at your address
A change in your payment method ( eg if you wish to change
to / from Direct Debit )
You wish to claim a discount / exemption ( you will require a form for this )
You have an empty property you are responsible for
If you are moving in to a property within the Council area you should let us know as soon as possible so that we can send you a bill and spread the payments for as long as possible. We will need some or all of the following information depending upon the circumstances:
Your name and the address you are moving to
The date you are moving
Your old address if it is in the district
A daytime telephone number and/or email address
If the property is owned or rented
Date of completion of sale
Number of adults (over 18) in the property
Whether the property is furnished
Name and address of landlord or agent
If you are eligible, you may also wish to contact the Council's Electoral Services to inform them of your move. As well as contacting the Council you also may need to make the following aware that you are moving house:
- Family and friends.
- Doctor and dentist.
- Utility companies - gas, water, electricity, telephone.
- Bank/building society.
- Insurance companies - car and house.
- Share registrars.
- Other financial organisations. Inland Revenue.
- TV Licensing Authority - a legal requirement.
- DVLA - a legal requirement.
- Motoring Organisations.
- Post Office - expect a small fee for mail redirection.
- Cable/satellite company.
Contact the Council Tax team for further advice.
Pages in this section
- What is Council Tax?
- Council Tax-Enquiries
- The Council Tax Bill
- Who Pays the Bill?
- Paying your Council Tax
- Change of Details
- Discounts and Exemptions
- Banding Enquiry
- Carer's Council Tax Discount
- Disabled Relief Application
- Single Occupancy Discount Claim
- Council Tax Recovery & Enforcement
- How to contact the Council Tax Team
- Council Tax Financial Information
- Council Tax Support Scheme
- Council Tax Discretionary Discount - CTDD