Letters are being sent to all Harborough residents on the register of electors explaining changes to the way you register to vote. Find out more about the changes to the way you register to vote
Equality and Diversity
Equality and Discrimination
The Equality Act 2010 protects you from discrimination at work, in education, as a consumer, when using public services, when buying or renting property and as a member or guest of a private club or association
You are also protected from discrimination if you are associated with someone who has a ‘protected characteristic’, for example a family member or friend or if you have complained about discrimination or supported someone else’s claim.
Positive action can be legally taken to help people with a ‘protected characteristic’ if they:
Are at a disadvantage
Have particular needs
Are under-represented in an activity or type of work
Further information is available on the Equality and Human Rights Commission Website.
Pages in this section
- What does Equality and Diversity mean?
- How Diverse is the District of Harborough?
- What does the law say about Equality?
- Equality Framework for Local Government
- Harborough District Council Equality Plan 2014/17
- Harborough District Council Equality Objectives
- Equality Analysis
- Equality and Discrimination
- Providing documents in alternative formats (translation and interpretation)
- Equality and Fairness in recruitment and employment (including equal pay)
- Gypsies and Travellers
- Local Initiatives
- Diversity Calendar