Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.


Skip to main content
Close X

Applications temporarily unavailable to view online

Due to scheduled work, planning, building control and licensing applications will be unavailable to view online from 10:30pm on Sunday 29 March to 9am Tues 31 March. We apologise for any inconvenience

Licence for a riding establishment

You need a licence to run a riding establishment (where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction). Find out more about the licence for a riding establishment licence.

Apply for a licence

Apply for a licence to run a riding establishment (ODT, 50KB).

The fee for this licence is £185. You must also pay any vets fees that are required.

Before deciding an application we must consider a report from a veterinary surgeon or practitioner detailing whether the premises are suitable for a riding establishment and detailing the conditions of the premises and any horses.

You must not begin practicing your business until process you have a licence.