Visiting Officer (Revenues & Benefits)
- This vacancy is: Permanent full time
- Salary: Grade 4 (£20,138 to £21,962pa)
- Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
- Closing Date: Monday 19 March 2018
Hours: 37 hours per week
Harborough District Council’s vision is to work with communities in a vibrant, safe and prosperous district and to bring the best opportunities to all.
Here’s your opportunity to be part of the exciting Leicestershire Revenues and Benefits Partnership. The Partnership is a Shared Service formed in 2011. It is comprised of the Revenues and Benefits departments from Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, North West Leicestershire District Council and Harborough District Council.
You must have experience of working in a revenues, benefits, similar customer service or financial environment and be able to work well as part of a team.
For this role you must be able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy. You must be IT literate, able to work in a paperless office and have a positive, flexible attitude. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of challenging circumstances.
The key job purpose is to visit and inspect properties to ensure that:
- completion notices are issued in a timley manner
- empty discount and reliefs are verified
- verify new applications for council tax disabled band reduction
- obtain supporting evidence for housing benefit/Council Tax support application as required
The successful candidate must meet all of the essential criteria and have:-
- The ability to work under pressure in a target driven environment
- IT experience
- A positive, pro-active approach
- The ability to write understandable letters, reports and emails
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult customers with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to deal sensitively and ‘go the extra mile’ to resolve customers enquiries
- A problem solving approach and a ‘can do’ attitude at all times
- Full valid driving licence to include access to a suitable vehicle for work purposes
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is midday on 12 noon on Monday 19th March 2018.
Desirable criteria from the person specification may be used for sifting purposes.
Our preferred method of receipt of application is via the online application form
Should you have any difficulties applying online please e-mail email@example.com or contact (01858) 821304/7. CVs will not be accepted. Please specify which post you are applying for on your application form.
Find out more about the benefits of working at Harborough District Council at www.harborough.gov.uk/working-for-us
- Visiting Officer Job Description & Person Specification (PDF, 330KB)
- Notes for Candidates (PDF, 85KB)
Promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment
Harborough District Council is an equal opportunities employer.