Safer Summer Day – 4 August 2017Published Wednesday 19 July 2017
Having a ‘safer summer’ is the aim of a day of activities being held in the Harborough district.
Safer Summer Day 2017, organised by Harborough District Community Safety Partnership, will take place on 4 August 2017 at The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, in Market Harborough.
Activities will include:
Cuppa with a Copper – Insomnia café in The Symington Building from 10am-11.30am and 2pm-3.30pm.Public drop-in between these times time to chat with police and community safety representatives
Presentations to Parish Councils/Members and HDC Staff– Council Chamber in The Symington Building from 9.30am-12.30pm (please pre-book for this event)
- 9.30am-10am – police drop in
- 10am-11am Door step crime and Scams –Trading Standards
- 11am-12noon – 'Last Orders' an alcohol awareness project aimed at the over 50s. This is a chance to see this free presentation that can be booked for coffee mornings, social groups or clubs.
- 12am-12.30pm – police drop in
Public information display room – Room G18 opposite council reception in The Symington Building from 12am-4pm with eye-catching displays and advice from drug and alcohol support charity Turning Point, fire service and other organisations.
To book a place for the presentations please email your name, contact details and parish, if applicable, to Sarah Pickering, senior community safety officer, at email@example.com
- More articles in the news archive