Letters are being sent to all Harborough residents on the register of electors explaining changes to the way you register to vote. Find out more about the changes to the way you register to vote
Carer's Council Tax Discount
You could claim a 25% discount off your council tax bill if you provide care for someone.
To qualify for this discount you must meet all of the criteria below.
- You live at the same address as the person that you provide care for
- Everyone else in the household, or all others except one person, can be ignored for council tax purposes. If you need more advise about this please contact us
- You care for someone who is not your husband, wife, partner, or a child under the age of 18
- You provide at least 35 hours of care each week and
- You provide care to someone who receives one of the following benefits:
- a higher rate Attendance Allowance
- the highest rate of care component of a Disability Living Allowance
- an increase in the rate of his or her War Disablement Pension for constant attendance
- an increase in Constant Attendance Allowance
To claim your discount please complete the Carer's form and return in to this office.
Contact the Council Tax team for further advice.
Pages in this section
- What is Council Tax?
- Council Tax-Enquiries
- The Council Tax Bill
- Who Pays the Bill?
- Paying your Council Tax
- Change of Details
- Discounts and Exemptions
- Banding Enquiry
- Carer's Council Tax Discount
- Disabled Relief Application
- Single Occupancy Discount Claim
- Council Tax Recovery & Enforcement
- How to contact the Council Tax Team
- Council Tax Financial Information
- Council Tax Support Scheme
- Council Tax Discretionary Discount - CTDD