Licence to hold a one off event
Licence to hold a one-off event
You will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if you want to carry out a one-off licensable activity in unlicensed premises, this includes:
- Selling alcohol
- Serving alcohol to members of a private club
- Providing entertainment (eg music, dancing or indoor sporting events)
- Serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
The fee for a Temporary Event Licence is £21.
Apply for a licence
To be deemed valid your application must be received by all organisations at least 10 working days before the event or 5 working days before if it is a late application.
The day of submitting the completed TEN application and the day of the event are not included in the total number of working days before the event. If payment is made later than the day we receive the TEN application then the timing starts from the payment date.
To make your application you must do the following:
- Complete the Temporary Event Notice application form
- Submit a copy of the application form to our Licensing team (email email@example.com or post to us at The Symington Building) with the fee of £21 (cheques can be made payable to Harborough District Council or you can make payment over the phone by calling our Customer Service Team on 01858 82 82 82)
- Send a copy of the application to Leicestershire Police: Chief Officer of Police, Licensing Section, Mansfield House, 74 Belgrave Gate, Leicester, LE1 3GG or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a copy of the application to the Environment team at Harborough District Council email email@example.com or post to them at The Symington Building
Your application will be dealt with within 2 working days. You will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority within 7 days of receipt of the application.
If the premises where the event is to be held is in an area governed by two or more local authorities then applications must be made to each.