Online forms: Report an issue with animal activities businesses

This online form may be used to report:

  • establishments operating without the benefit of a licence
  • animal health or welfare concerns relating to currently licensed establishments

To ensure fairness to businesses, there may be circumstances where we would not investigate a complaint. This may be if the complaint is deemed malicious.

We will investigate each report received based on the information provided within the report form. If you would like to receive an update with progress of the investigation, please ensure that you provide a valid email address within the report form.

Please note: investigations into unlicensed establishments may take some time and therefore if you have asked to receive an update, this will be upon conclusion of the case. In some circumstances, we may not be able to share certain information with you.

If you have concerns about animal health and welfare in relation to an unlicensed establishment such as cruelty, neglect or an animal in distress, you should also report this to the RSPCA.

How we will use your information

Your information will be used so that we can administer and respond to your complaint. Under Article 6(1) (e) of the General Data Protection Regulations, we are permitted to use data for our tasks; data protection law describes this legal basis for handling your information.  

It will be used by Harborough District Council in order to process and respond to your complaint only. It may be necessary to share some details with other Council departments, partners and external agencies in order to respond fully to your complaint. If we are not the responsible authority for investigating your complaint, we will forward the complaint details to the relevant authority. 

For further information on how your information is used and your rights to access information we hold about you, please contact: Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam & Eve St, Market Harborough LE16 7AG or