UKSPF Business Grant Scheme
The UKSPF Harborough Business Grant Scheme is opening on Tuesday 3 January 2023. Businesses in the Harborough District can apply for a grant up to £2000 to help them to grow or start their business.
The grants are being managed and distributed by Harborough District Council using funding received from the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Funding (UKSPF).
Go Green – Helps businesses to reduce their carbon footprints, increase energy efficiency and reduce fixed costs.
Go Digital - Supports digital technology solutions which improve business performance and encourage wider/ online access to customers.
Go Innovate - Support for new products or methods within your business to help improve efficiencies and create business growth.
The grants will close on Tuesday 31 January 2023, however the council reserves the right to close the grant early depending on demand.
UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF)
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus
- Any business in the Harborough District can apply for the grants if you have a green, digital or innovative project that will help to boost your operations.
- Match funding is not required however the council may be more favourable to those who are putting some of their own funds into the project as well.
- Businesses who received a grant through the Additional Restrictions Scheme (ARG) in 2021/2 under the same themes (Go Green, Go Digital and Go Innovate) are allowed to apply for this scheme. However, if there is high demand for the grant, the council reserves the right to prioritise businesses which did not receive a previous grant.
- We are not able to pay out grants retrospectively. The grant must be used for something you have not already paid for before you are approved for the grant.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted through Grant Approval.
If you have not used Grant Approval before you will need to register an account. If you have used the system before for other grants, you will just need to log in. Once you are logged in, please search select your local authority as ‘Harborough’ and then search all grants. The three different schemes should pop up. Please select the scheme you wish to apply for.
Before you apply, you will need:
- Two quotes for the goods/services you wish to purchase with the grant, and your preferred supplier stated
- Explanation of what your project is and how it will help your business
- Copy of your bank statement which matches the bank details you wish to have the grant paid into
Grants will be paid in arrears. This means you will need to make the purchase before you receive the grant money.
If your grant is approved, you will receive an approval message telling you to go ahead and make the purchase. You will need to upload proof of purchase by Friday 10 February 2023.
The grant will then be paid into your account.
You can view the full UKSPF Harborough Business Grant Scheme policy here.