Additional restrictions grants
New Scheme Overview
The Councils intention is for the Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG), to act as a catalyst to boost recovery, growth, and innovation for local businesses with or without commercial premises, through the four new schemes. ARG will continue to support businesses that are severely impacted by the extended restrictions, (including businesses listed in the Government guidance), businesses that have not received any Covid-19 grants, and businesses that remain closed, although the hope is that the main emphasis will be to encourage businesses to look to the future and ‘build back better’, in an innovative, greener, and more digitally connected manner.
How to apply
- Step 1 - Visit www.grantapproval.co.uk
- Register if you have not previously used this system for previous Covid-19 grants. Once you have registered and confirmed you email address.
- Step 2 - Log in at www.grantapproval.co.uk
- Step 3 - Select the new scheme tab.
- Step 4 - Select Business not resident.
- Step 5 - Select Harborough as your authority.
- Step 6 - Select the correct scheme to apply for in the drop-down box.
List of new ARG Schemes
- ARG Scheme 1 – Go Digital – The scheme supports digital technology solutions which improve business performance and encourage wider, online access to customers, (e.g., digital marketing, software & hardware, mobile apps, digital training/ courses, digital signage, cyber security, etc.) Deadline: Wednesday 2 March 2022
- ARG Scheme 2 – Go Green – The scheme helps businesses to reduce their carbon footprints, increase energy efficiency and reduce fixed costs, (e.g., adopting green transport solutions, including Bikes and E-bikes, using E-Vehicles / delivery vans, introducing LED lighting, solar panels, insulation, and heating pumps etc.). Deadline: Wednesday 2 March 2022. You can find information on further funding for green projects here.
- ARG Scheme 3 – Innovation – The scheme encourages the adoption of sustainable and innovative solutions, by reviewing product or service delivery to improve operations or service provision, (e.g., innovation to reduce of packaging, support for business diversification, moving to more local supply chains, developing solutions to support faster turnaround on products or services etc.). Deadline: Wednesday 2 March 2022
- ARG Scheme 4 – Business Survival – Its ‘funding of last resort’ to support businesses still severely impacted by the extended Covid-19 restrictions and which are not able to get any other support from other sources. Closing date: Thursday 30 September (will re-open in October 2021)
- Commercial Driving Licence Support Scheme -The scheme aims to support individuals from the Harborough District who were either on furlough or are having low income and wish to complete the relevant HGV/LGV training courses to benefit from the increased demand for drivers in the logistics sector. The fund will support the HGV/LGV licence cost between £1000 and £1500 and is open for individuals and businesses. For more details, please contact our Grants & Funding Officer Jaswinder Powar on mobile: 07874 876579 or email email@example.com
You can view the new ARG policy here
Please note you will be asked to provide some of the following documents during the grant application process, so please have these documents ready:
- Recent bank statement
- Evidence of the business trading
- 2 quotations
- Profit & Loss statement
Please Note: You can save your application and come back to it later if you do not have the relevant documents to hand.
Once your application has been approved the grant will be transferred into the requested bank account. (The money will show in your account on a given Wednesday no more than 5 workings days after it has been approved) This will then allow you to purchase the item within 28 days of receiving the money. You will then have a further 14 days to upload 2 documents to show proof of purchase this could include:
- Bank transfer receipt
- Photo image
- Bank statement (showing purchased item)
For further queries in relation to the new ARG schemes, please email us with your full name and contact number on Covid19discretionarygrantsupport@harborough.gov.uk