Additional restrictions grants
Discretionary Grants Scheme
This scheme is for small businesses and charities, which don’t pay NNDR, and is open to the following businesses within the following categories, which were required to close as part of the second national lockdown between 5 November - 2 December 2020. The eight eligibility categories are as follows:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces
- Regular market traders with ongoing property costs
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay council tax.
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief
- Independent Tourism businesses
- Independent Food and Drink businesses.
- Creative Industry businesses.
- Independent Agriculture businesses.
The scheme provides fixed grants of £1,222 for eligible businesses. Whilst a specific closing date has not been set for applications, in order to guarantee that grants are paid before Christmas, businesses are requested to apply by 16 December. Any applications received after this date will be processed in the New Year.
To apply, please go to: https://grantapproval.co.uk/ then select:
- Grants for Businesses
- Register now
- Local Schemes
- Pick the sector that best represents your business
If you have applied for the above, businesses will be contacted via the Grants Approval site to confirm eligibility for the discretionary grant to cover the Tier 3 restrictions between 3 December - 30 December 2020.
(ARG) Top Up Grants Scheme - Round 1. Recognising that there are businesses which are not eligible for either of the above grant’s schemes, the Top Up Grant is now open. This will provide opportunities for businesses which have been significantly impacted due to the COVID-19 restrictions (from 5 Nov – 30 dec 2020) to seek support, subject to certain criteria.
- If you have received another grant for the restriction period from 5 November – 30 December 2020 then you are not eligible, so please do not apply. This includes the ARG Discretionary Grant.
- This grant will close on Wednesday 27th January 2021. All applications will be reviewed after the closing date so please be patient during this time. You will be notified of the outcome via the grant approval system.
- Appy through the https://www.grantapproval.co.uk/ website. Once you have registered on the system, please select ‘Harborough’ as your local authority and then the ‘ARG Top Up Grant (round 1).’