Christmas Support Payment for Wet-Led Pubs
The deadline for this support payment has been extended to 28 February 2021.
The Christmas Support Payment is a government grant for ‘wet-led’ pubs to support pubs within Harborough District. The grant is for pubs that mainly serve alcohol rather than provide food, in recognition that they have been severely impacted over the festive season due to temporary local restrictions.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a one-off lump sum of £1,000 which will be paid by Harborough District Council, as this District is currently subject to Tier 3 local restrictions.
To qualify, your pub must:
- be located in Harborough District
- derive less than 50% of your sales from food
- be in an area subject to Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions since 2 December 2020
- have been established in the pub before 1 December 2020
- not exceed state aid limits (see below); and
- not be in administration, insolvent or have a striking-off notice issued against it.
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding if your business:
- has exceeded the permitted state aid threshold
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guesthouses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos are not eligible for this grant.
How do I claim?
Harborough District Council is distributing the grant based on the business declaring that for the period prior to 11 March 2020, less than 50% of the pubs income came from the sales of food and this can be verified from your accounts.
If you have previously made a claim for a business support grant under the National Restrictions Grant (businesses that were forced to close during the national lockdown 5/11/20 to 2/12/20) and not the discretionary scheme, you have the option of pre-populating your claim with the details already provided by choosing the option ‘prefill your application’. However you will need to resubmit your bank details which must match those account details previously supplied.
In the unlikely event that you receive an error message when completing your claim please email email@example.com