Available Covid-19 grants
Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant - The Grant Scheme is now open for applications
On 21 December 2021, the Government announced the introduction of grant support for hospitality and leisure businesses in England. The scheme provides support to hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses, in recognition that the rise of the Omicron variant means that some businesses are likely to struggle over the coming weeks.
The primary principle of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme is to support businesses that offer in-person services, where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premises, in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors.
The grant scheme is only available to businesses who pay business rates (or receive business rate relief) and will be a one off grant of up to £6,000 based upon the rateable value of the premises.
- Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £2,667.
- Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £4,000.
- Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £6,000.
Businesses seeking further information should refer to the Government’s business support website: www.businesssupport.gov.uk
To assist you in establishing whether your business will qualify the Government has provided the following definitions and a list of business types that fall within the three sectors:
- A Hospitality business is one whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink.
- A Leisure business is one that provides opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events, days and nights out, betting and gaming .
- An Accommodation business is defined as a business whose main lodging provision is used for holiday, travel and other purposes.
This list is not exhaustive, but indicative of the types of businesses that can be supported under this scheme.
Types of businesses
|Food courts. Public houses/pub restaurants. Restaurants. Roadside restaurants. Wine bars Café.|
|Casinos and gambling clubs. Cinemas Museums and art galleries. Stately homes & historic houses. Theatres Zoos & safari parks. Amusement parks. Wedding venues. Events venues. Night clubs & discotheques. Arenas. Concert halls. Tourist attractions. Theme parks. Amusement arcades. Soft play centres or areas. Indoor riding centres. Clubs & institutions. Village halls & scout huts, cadet huts, etc|
|Caravan parks. Caravan sites and pitches. Chalet parks. Coaching inns. Country house hotels. Guest houses. Hostels. Hotels. Lodge. Holiday apartments, Cottages or bungalows. Campsites. Boarding houses. Canal boats or other vessels. B&Bs Catered holiday homes. Holiday homes|
How do I claim this grant?
All applications must be made online at grantapproval.co.uk
Choose the option 'Grants for Businesses'
Prior to starting your application, you may find it easier if you have your business rates reference number.
If you receive an error message whilst completing your application, which you believe to be incorrect, please email Covid19grants@hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk including the error code and local authority name in the subject heading.