Harborough Local Plan 2011 to 2031 Proposed Submission
From: 22/09/2017 To: 03/11/2017.
Consultation on the Harborough Local Plan 2011 to 2031 Proposed Submission runs for a period of 6 weeks from 9am on Friday 22 September to 5pm Friday 3 November 2017.
The Local Plan sets out the proposed scale and location of new development in the District up to 2031 alongside policies aimed at protecting and improving the environment and people’s quality of life. This consultation is an opportunity to make representations on the ‘soundness’ of the Local Plan.
View the Local Plan and other accompanying documents. You can also view the interactive Policies Map which displays the policies included in the Local Plan.
Making your representations
The summary and guide to making representations (PDF, 4.3MB) provides an overview of the main proposals in the Local Plan Proposed Submission and more details on how to submit comments online. It also explains the tests of soundness that need to be taken into account when making representations.
We recommend using the online consultation system for making comments as this will ensure that your comments are accurately submitted and logged. Registering is straightforward and you will be asked to your full name, address and contact details. There is a help button should you need to find out more.
If you cannot make your representation via the online portal you can request a response form by contacting the Strategic Planning Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All response forms must be returned by email to email@example.com or by post to: The Strategic Planning Team, Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7AG.
All representations must be submitted via the online consultation portal or the response form.
Anonymous comments or comments received outside the consultation dates will not be accepted.
Consultation documents and supporting evidence
The Proposed Submission Local Plan is accompanied by a number of supporting documents. All are available to view and comment on at Consultation Portal but can also be downloaded below:
- Harborough Local Plan Proposed Submission 2011 to 2031 (PDF, 26.6MB)
- Policy Maps
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF, 9.7MB), SA Non Technical Summary (PDF, 700KB), SA Technical Appendix A: Site Proformas (Housing) (PDF, 21MB), SA Technical Appendix B: Site Proformas (Employment and retail) (PDF, 12.5MB)
- Habitat Regulations Assessment (PDF, 637KB)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (PDF, 267KB)
- Duty to Cooperate Statement (PDF, 1MB)
- Consultation Statement (PDF, 1.4MB)
Scraptoft Local Nature Reserve
Also forming part of the consultation are proposals relating to the future status of Scraptoft Local Nature Reserve.
A wide range of background, supporting evidence has been used in the preparation of the Local Plan Proposed Submission document. View supporting evidence.
View paper copies of Local Plan
You can view paper copies of the Local Plan and the other consultation documents (only digital copies of the evidence documents will be available) at the following locations during normal opening hours:
- Broughton Astley Library: Main Street, Broughton Astley, LE9 6RD
- Broughton Astley Parish Office: Station Road, Broughton Astley, LE9 6PT
- Evington Library: Evington Lane, Leicester, LE5 6DH
- Fleckney Library: School Street, Fleckney, LE8 8AS
- Great Glen Library: Ruperts Way, Great Glen, LE8 9GR
- Great Glen Parish Office: Glendale House, 1 Church Road, Great Glen, LE8 9FE
- Kibworth Library: Paget Street, Kibworth, LE8 0HW
- Lutterworth Library: George Street, Lutterworth, LE17 4ED
- Lutterworth Town Council Office: Coventry Road, Lutterworth, LE17 4SH
- Market Harborough Library: The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7LT
- Thurnby and Bushby Parish Information Centre (Wednesdays 09:30-11:30), Hill Court Community Centre, Main Street, Bushby, LE7 9NY
- Customer Services Harborough District Council: The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7AG
- Mobile libraries serving the District
Consultation drop-in events
You can find out more about the Local Plan and how to submit comments at the 3 drop-in events being held during October:
- Scraptoft on Saturday 7 October 2017 from 9:30am to 2:30pm at The White House Pub, 375 Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE7 9SE
- Market Harborough on Saturday 14 October 2017 from 9:30am to 2:30pm at Fairfax Suite, The Three Swans Hotel, Market Harborough, LE16 7NJ
- Lutterworth on Saturday 21 October 2017 from 9:30am to 2:30pm to Wycliffe Rooms, George Street, Lutterworth, LE17 4ED
Members of the Strategic Planning Team will be on hand to discuss any issues and help explain the process for submitting representations online through the consultation portal.
Next stages in preparing the Local Plan (Local Development Scheme)
This consultation is an important part of the Local Plan process and is required under Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2012. Subject to any issues raised in this consultation, it is the Council’s intention to submit the Proposed Submission Local Plan and supporting documents to the Secretary of State for examination early in 2018.
The stages in the Local Plan process are set out in the current Local Development Scheme. This document enables the local community to find out about planning policies for their area and sets out the timetable for key stages in the preparation of the Local Plan through to adoption. The Local Development Scheme was last updated in July 2017 and sets out the following:
- September/October/November 2017 opportunity for comments on the Proposed Submission Local Plan
- January 2018: Submission of Local Plan to Secretary of State for public examination
- April/May 2018: Examination hearing
- August 2018: Receipt of inspector’s report
- October 2018: Adoption of the Local Plan
Log in to make a comment about Harborough Local Plan 2011 to 2031 Proposed Submission