Terms and disclaimer
Information about Harborough District Council and our Website
Should you have any queries about the site, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to and use of ‘www.harborough.gov.uk' - the "Site" is provided by Harborough District Council (the "Council") subject to the following terms:
- By using the Site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the Site.
- The Council will exercise reasonable care in compiling the Site, use reasonable efforts to make the Site available to you at all times; and take the reasonable steps to endeavour to secure any personal information you give us.
Exclusions, Limitations and Disclaimer
- The Council does not represent or warrant that access to the Site, or any part of it will be uninterrupted, reliable or fault free.
- The Council does not represent or warrant to you that the Site or any of its contents will be accurate, complete or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The Council does not represent or warrant that any services (whether or not provided by the Council) will be provided with due care and skill.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Council excludes all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to our negligence) which the Council may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to the Site or any information on the Site;
- the unavailability of the Site (or any part of it), goods or services;
- any delay in providing, or failure to provide or make available, goods or services or any negligent provision of goods or services; or
- any misrepresentation on or relating to the Site, the goods or the services (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation made by the Council or on its behalf).
- The Council is providing the Site on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition the Council makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in the Site. The information contained in the Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the Council howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Neither the Council nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill or injury to reputation and claims of third parties.
- None of the above exclusions shall affect any statutory rights, which are not capable of being excluded. However in such case the Council's obligation, where permitted by law, will be limited to the re-supply of the Site, good or service to you.
- Links to other sites
- Certain links, including hypertext links, in the Site will take you outside the Site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by the Council of the linked site, its operator or its content. The Council is not responsible for the content of any website outside the Site.
- The Council operates a number of other websites (listed below), linked from the Site, enabling users to make on-line payments and to access currently available on-line services.
- Bill Payment
- Committee Admin
- Public Access
- Choice Based Lettings
- Trade Waste
Use of the Site
- You agree that you will use the Site for your own personal purposes and that you shall not exploit the Site or any of its contents for any commercial purpose. Any other use of materials on the Site (including reproduction for purposes other than for own personal use) and alteration, modification, distribution, or republication without the Council's prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
Information you provide
- Where you are invited to submit any contribution to the Site (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) by submitting your contribution (whether to a chat room, bulletin board or otherwise), you grant the Council a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any content (in whole or part) you upload, post or email and / or to incorporate such content in other works in any form, media technology now and developed.
- You acknowledge and agree that such material is not contributed subject to any obligation of confidence. If you do not want to grant to the Council the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the Site.
- You agree that you will not use any chat area or any part of the Site to:
- Upload, post or email any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content;
- 'Stalk' or otherwise harass another;
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Upload, post or email any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Upload post or email any content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any party;
- Upload, post or email any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post or email any content that contains computer viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the chat areas are able to type or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges; or
- Violate any applicable national or international laws or regulations.
- You agree to indemnify the Council against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Council as a result of your breach of this warranty. You also waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
The use of your information
- To use our online services we will ask you to register your name, email address and other relevant personal details. We will also collect information from you if you complete any other forms on our site or if you contact us with comments or specific requests. This information will only be used for the intended purpose and should we wish to use it for any other purpose, we will ask for your permission first. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes and will not pass it on to any other parties, except where required to carry out our duties and functions as a local authority.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on the Site then the latter shall prevail.
All material on this website, including text and graphics, is copyright to Harborough District Council unless otherwise stated.
The text and graphic content of this web site may be used, printed and distributed ONLY under the following conditions:
- The content of the site is used for non-commercial purposes only
- Copyright information is displayed (© Copyright Harborough District Council)
- The content is not modified
We will treat any personal information by which you can be identified in accordance with the Data Protection law (GDPR). If you have an enquiry or concern regarding the processing of personal data by Harborough District Council, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer, Harborough District Council, Council Offices, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7AG
You can also email the Data Protection Officer at FOI@harborough.gov.uk
You can ask for information we may hold about you by writing to the above address. We will inform you within, (40 days where submitted before 25th May 2018, and with 1 calendar month of submission, after that date,) if we store any personal information about you.
You may also write to the above address to request a copy of your information and we will provide you with a legible copy of the personal data which we keep about you and to which you are entitled. This will be sent to you within (40 days where submitted before 25th May 2018, and with 1 calendar month of submission, after that date.) We may require proof of your identity and information to locate your personal data before any search for records is undertaken.
For further information on you data rights, you can read the Council's privacy notice.
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act entitles anybody to ask Harborough District Council for any recorded information that they keep and will give you greater access to information about how decisions are taken in government and how public services are developed and delivered.
The FOI Act operates alongside any Data Protection law, which allows people to access information about themselves (e.g. personnel records, or information held by credit reference agencies) and the Environmental Information Regulations, which give people access to information about the environment.
All requests for information should be made in writing (e.g. letter, e-mail) (FOI requests must be submitted in writing). You must clearly state what information you are requesting and supply your name and address. You do not need to say why you want the information.
You can ask to have any recorded information. This could be in the form of e-mails, notebooks, videos or tapes.
In most cases you should receive a response to your request within 20 working days of receiving it and, if it cannot, we will explain why and let you know when you will receive a reply.
If your request is declined (e.g. your request relates to someone else's personal details) then we will provide you with a reason for declining your request. If you do not find the reason persuasive, you can ask for it to be considered further and if the request is still declined you can ask the Information Commissioner's Office to review that decision.
The Information Commissioner's Office is an independent body that enforces the FOI Act, the Data Protection law and the Environmental Information Regulations. For more information visit www.ico.gov.uk or see the Commissioner's FOI leaflet.
You can say in what format you would prefer to receive the information (e.g. on paper or electronically).
A lot of information may be supplied free of charge. However, sometimes you may have to pay a fee, either to cover administration costs, or to pay photocopying or postage costs, or because of the expense involved in finding and supplying the information.
Any e-mail sent is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it.
Views or opinions expressed in any email do not necessarily represent those of Harborough District Council.
All Council email activity is monitored for malicious code, racist, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate activity. No responsibility is accepted by the Council for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use of this email.
The email message (and any files attached with it) should be regarded as confidential information, and as material protected by the solicitor-client privilege.
We automatically monitor all inbound/outbound emails for domains it hosts for viruses, profanity, offensive language, racist, sexual comments, virus hoaxes, chain-mail and known spam mailers. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - Harborough Council cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments.
Harborough District Council reserves the right to intercept, store, archive, delete, or view such emails for security/audit purposes and where necessary instigate appropriate proceedings against the parties involved. Emails sent to and from the council's email systems and domains hosted thereof may be stored on discs/archive storage.
The Council's virus scans all inbound and outbound emails (plus any attachments) but does NOT guarantee such messages to be virus-free. The onus is on the receiving recipients to check they are virus-free. Harborough District Council accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by receiving emails from our email systems and/or hosted domains.