Tell us about changes that may affect your benefits
If you are receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support you must tell us about any changes in your circumstances that may affect your claim (PDF, 176KB). If you don’t you may lose any extra benefit or support that you are entitled to, and you may have to pay an overpayment.
If you receive Pension Credit you must tell the Pension Service about these changes.
Some of changes you should tell us about are:
- If you start or stop getting Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- If you or your partner move house or change rooms in a house you share with other people (even if this is a temporary move for renovations)
- If you or a member of your household goes into hospital
- If children or other adults leave or move into your home
- If your wages change
- If there are any changes to any tax credits you receive
- If your private pension / annuity changes
- If your Pension credit changes
- If your savings change
- If any other income you receive changes
- If the income of other adults living in your home changes
- If you are a private tenant and your rent changes
You may be able to continue receiving Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support if you will not be living at your property for a temporary period.
We will be conducting a review by telephone of selected claims for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support. If you have any questions about this, please call 01455 255685.
If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support, it is your responsibility to report any changes in your circumstances that may affect your claims straight away.