Waste review objectives
Waste strategy review - objectives
The Council has six strategic objectives in producing this strategy:
- To provide a waste and recycling collection service that is simple, scalable and
increases the dry recycling rate.
- To provide a waste and recycling service that can recognise the financial
constraints on HDC and make collections more effectively and efficiently.
- To encourage change within the community to move the management of
waste higher up the waste hierarchy.
- To manage waste in a way that minimises the environmental impact on our
- To act as community leaders and manage Council waste in an effective
- To examine how the Council can manage waste collected on streets and in parks more effectively.
To read the Councils bin policy in full.