Letters are being sent to all Harborough residents on the register of electors explaining changes to the way you register to vote. Find out more about the changes to the way you register to vote
Waste review objectives
Waste strategy review - objectives
The Council has six strategic objectives in producing this strategy:
- To provide a waste and recycling collection service that is simple, scalable and
increases the dry recycling rate.
- To provide a waste and recycling service that can recognise the financial
constraints on HDC and make collections more effectively and efficiently.
- To encourage change within the community to move the management of
waste higher up the waste hierarchy.
- To manage waste in a way that minimises the environmental impact on our
- To act as community leaders and manage Council waste in an effective
- To examine how the Council can manage waste collected on streets and in parks more effectively.
To read the Councils bin policy in full.