Grants for home repairs
Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to help you with a loan or a grant to make essential repairs improvements and adaptations to your home. More information about the loans and grants and the conditions is available in our Regulatory Reform Policy.
Disabled residents grants
We can provide some support to disabled residents to make essential changes to their home or move to a new home that meets their needs:
- Mandatory Disabled Facilities grants can help pay for essential changes to a property that will mean a disabled occupant can stay in their home
- Discretionary Disabled Facilities grants can help a disabled resident to move home when their current property cannot be altered so that they can stay there
If you would like any further help or advice on the available Financial assistance loans and grants, and conditions for these please contact Blaby District Council's Light Bulb Project.
Light Bulb Telephone Number: 0116 272 7655
Light Bulb Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may offer some support to landlords to help them carry out essential improvements or to bring empty properties back into use:
- Fire Safety grants are available for landlords to carry out essential fire safety improvements to privately rented accommodation to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and guidance
- Empty Property grants are available to accredited landlords to bring long term empty properties (empty for longer then 12 months) back into use and make them available for the private rented sector
- Landlord Property Improvement grants are available for accredited landlords to carry out essential repairs and improvements for private rented accommodation
If you would like any further help or advice on the available landlord grants, and conditions for these please contact email@example.com