Grants for home repairs
Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to help you with a loan or a grant to make essential repairs and improvements to your home. There are a number of conditions attached to this assistance. More information about the loans and grants and the conditions is available in our Private sector renewal strategy.
Loans and grants
Property Appreciation loans are for residents living in poor homes who can not get commercial funding needed to make essential repairs and improvements - with work carried out through the release of available equity within the property.
Unsecured loans are for residents living in non-decent home who require financial assistance and support to carry out essential repairs and improvements to their property towards. These loans are aimed at homeowners who are unable to get loans from commercial lenders but can show that they can make regular repayments of the loan.
Renovation grants are for residents that cannot afford to repay a council loan and do not have enough equity in their property to receive a property Appreciation loan. We will consider a grant to carry out essential repairs and improvements to help the person to stay in their home.
Emergency Home Repairs grants can help vulnerable homeowners who require urgent emergency repairs and improvements to their property.
If you would like any further help or advice on the available Financial assistance loans and grants, and conditions for these please contact the Papworth Trust who manage these loans and grants for us.
Disabled residents grants
We can provide some support to disabled residents to make essential changes to their home or move to a new home that meets their needs:
- Mandatory Disabled Facilities grants can help pay for essential changes to a property that will mean a disabled occupant can stay in their home
- Discretionary Disabled Facilities grants can help a disabled resident to move home when their current property cannot be altered so that they can stay there
If you would like any further help or advice on the available Disabled Facilities grants, and conditions for these please contact the Papworth Trust who manage these grants for us.
We can offer some support to landlords to help them carry out essential improvements or to bring empty properties back into use:
- Fire Safety grants are available for landlords to carry out essential fire safety improvements to privately rented accommodation to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and guidance
- Empty Property grants are available to accredited landlords to bring long term empty properties (empty for longer then 12 months) back into use and make them available for the private rented sector
- Landlord Property Improvement grants are available for accredited landlords to carry out essential repairs and improvements for private rented accommodation
If you would like any further help or advice on the available landlord grants, and conditions for these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org