Other changes of circumstance

Other changes and effects on exemptions and discounts

If your circumstances have changed since you were awarded an exemption or discount, we need to check whether you are still eligible. 

Examples of possible changes include: 

  • a child who was previously not included is now 18 years old
  • No longer a full time student  

You must report changes to your household within 21 days. If you fail to do so you may receive a penalty notice. 

Please refer to the Council Tax exemptions and discounts for further information.