Bin collection information
Harborough District Council provides all households with 3 wheeled bins:
- Blue-lidded bin - for recyclable materials
- Green bin - for loose green waste such as grass cuttings, twigs and small branches, weeds, leaves, flowers and plants, and hedge clippings – collection of the green bin for garden waste is a chargeable subscription service from 4 April 2016
- Black bin - for non-recyclable materials
The size of the wheeled bins can vary due to the number of people living in the household on a permanent basis.
All properties will receive an alternate weekly bin collection with the green bin and blue-lidded bin collected one week, and the black bin collected the following week. Find out what day your bin is collected.
Wheeled bins must be presented at the edge of your property by 7am.
Items that cannot be collected
Items that cannot be collected in your wheeled bins include:
- Household batteries
- Batteries for vehicles
- Oil and waste liquids
- Chemicals including acids and solvents
- Soil, rubble and construction waste
- Furniture and bulky items
- Electrical items
- Gas bottles
This is not a complete list of items that cannot be collected.
You may be able to dispose of these items at your nearest Recycling and Waste site (tip).