Message about use of cookies

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.


Skip to main content

Emergency Planning


Leicestershire County Council is responsible for keeping local roads free of flood water.

Contact Highways Customer Service Centre (tel: 0116 305 0001 ), Leicestershire County Council customer services or the Leicestershire County Council website to report:

  • Flooding by water from a highway
  • Blocked drains, gullies in roads, or pavements

Contact (depending on area) Anglian Water (tel: 08457 145 145 ) or Severn Trent (tel: 0800 783 4444 ) to report:

  • Foul water sewer that is blocked or overflowing

Contact the Environment Agency floodline (tel: 0845 988 1188 ) (24 hour service) or type talk 0845 602 6340 to report:

  • River or water course issues
  • Concerns on river blockages etc

We have little direct responsibility in relation to flooding, but in an emergency we work with the emergency services to help co-ordinate the response.

Read the Market Harborough town centre flooding report 2014.