Energy costs are increasing and are expected to increase further. It is difficult to get good deals on energy costs by switching, as the price increases in global oil and gas are so volatile. Most people will find that they are best protected by remaining on the Standard Variable Rate once their energy agreement comes to an end. The Standard Variable Rate for energy is protected by the Government’s price cap. https://content.jwplatform.com/previews/v7m3Mwr9
Improving your energy efficiency can help reduce your costs.:
- Energy efficiency tips are available from the Simple Energy Advice Website
- Your energy provider can sometimes help you reduce your costs - get in touch with them directly
- If you are on benefits, you can access support via ECO4. For advice on accessing ECO4 call Street Home Solutions Ltd on 01604 740950
- Harborough District Council is working with Leicestershire County Council and the other districts and boroughs to deliver energy efficiency through the Leicestershire Greener Living Project. You can check eligibility and register at www.leicestershire.gov.uk/green-living
- More information on getting help from the Household support Fund is available from First Contact Plus at Warm Homes | First Contact Plus
If you have a health issue that would be affected by disruptions to your energy supply, contact: for electricity - Western Power and sign up to their register for support in the event of a power cut and for gas Cadent Gas.