Energy advice

There are a number of other ways to get help to reduce energy costs:

We are working with Harborough Energy to offer householders advice on improving the energy efficiency of their home and providing help to access grants for energy efficiency measures. Harborough District Council have also published their ECO help to Heat Flexibility Criteria  Statement of Intent [PDF], which allows us to support people who may be at risk of fuel poverty. Letters are being sent to households that are best suited to the latest grants, but you can also read more information about Harborough Energy or contact us if you think you are eligible for help.

Please note: Harborough District Council is working directly with Harborough Energy ONLY on this project.

Leicestershire County Council has a project to support people struggling to heat their home affordably with the installation of first time central heating for off gas properties. If you don’t have gas central heating go to the Leicestershire Warm Homes Fund 

If you have a health issue that would be affected by disruptions to your energy supply contact: for electricity - Western Power and sign up to their register for support in the event of a power cut and for gas Cadent Gas.

Advice for businesses on reducing energy bills

The Carbon Trust provide information on energy efficiency to businesses with a toolkit for SMEs