Annual check of electoral register details (annual canvass)
Annual Canvass of Electors 2023
Each year we contact every household in Harborough District to check if the details we hold are correct; we have to do this by law. The next Annual Canvass will begin in July 2023.
How will we contact you?
- By Email - If we hold an email address for people in your household you may receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post – A paper form may be sent to your household if we don’t hold any email contact details.
What to do when we contact you – whether by form or email, please read the information carefully. If you need to contact us please do so by the date stated so we don’t send you a further reminder.
How to confirm or update your property information – If you need to respond to our correspondence the easiest way is online, it only takes a few minutes using the unique two-part security code provided. Simply choose one of these methods:
- Online at www.householdresponse.com/harborough you can make changes to your household
- By calling 0800 197 9871 follow the instructions and when prompted enter your security codes
- By texting NO CHANGE followed by your security codes to 80212
- Alternatively, you can complete and return your form using the freepost envelope provided.
Who should be on the register at my property? – you should include the names and nationalities of everyone over 16 who live at this address. All new people who are added to an annual canvass form will receive a further form called an ITR (Invitation to Register). This will ask for information about that person, including their National Insurance Number and date of birth to enable us to register the person fully. The easiest way to for a new person to register themselves without the need for an ITR is to visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Be sure to also cross out the names of anyone who no longer lives at your property.
Who is eligible to register? – to find out who should be included visit www.electoralcommission.or.uk/i-am-a/voter
Any Questions? – If you have a question or need further information contact the Elections Team:
Call: 01858 821372
Address: The Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7AG