Information for businesses
Grant application forms
Important note: you will only be able to complete these forms once you have been contacted by Harborough District Council and you have been given your unique details.
The link above will take you to the The North West Leicestershire District Council’s website. When completing the forms, please:
- follow the form instructions
- select Harborough District Council
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief (SBRR) or rural rate relief (RRR)
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
If your business is eligible for SBRR or rural rate relief, you will be contacted by the Business Rates Team – you do not need to apply.
If your enquiry is urgent please email:
This information is accurate as of 1pm on 19th March. Please check the GOV.UK page for more information and updates.
You can also visit the LLEP Business Gateway website for information and to get in touch with a business adviser.
The government has announced support for businesses in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
Business Rates and Grants
Following the notification from the Government regarding changes to support businesses via business rate bills and grants, Harborough District Council will prioritise administering the changes following receipt of the relevant government legislation enabling them to do so.
Information from the government is available.