Mental Health and Wellbeing
Information and advice
Life isn't always easy; if things become difficult it can be hard to see a way out. There are lots of situations that can impact on how you feel, but you don't have to face them alone. Help & support is available - please reach out.
For Urgent mental health support please call the local NHS Mental Health Central Access Point on 0808 800 3302
It’s a 24/7 freephone helpline for people of all ages in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland offering round the clock access to urgent support, signposting and referral for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
- Market Harborough Neighbourhood Mental Health Café is open for people aged over 18 years old, without appointments, from 12:30pm – 7pm each Wednesday at The Symington Building on Adam and Eve Street in Market Harborough. Anyone who feels they would benefit from some mental health support, whether they are feeling lonely, anxious or are finding it hard to manage difficult feelings. Just pop in, or if you do not wish to attend in person you can call 0808 800 3302.
Lutterworth Neighbourhood Mental Health Café is open for people aged over 18 years old, without appointments, from 5pm – 9pm each Wednesday and 9am – 1pm each Friday at The Wellbeing Hub at Lutterworth Sports Centre in Lutterworth. Anyone who feels they would benefit from some mental health support, whether they are feeling lonely, anxious or are finding it hard to manage difficult feelings. Just pop in, or if you do not wish to attend in person you can call 0808 800 3302.
For more information please visit: www.leicspart.nhs.uk/service/neighbourhood-mh-cafes/
- Harborough Local Sport Alliance - Staying active is a great way to improve your mental health and wellbeing, as well as meet new friends. There are lots of sports and physical activities happening across the Harborough district which you can enjoy.
- My Mind Matters is a Harborough district based project set up to help you to take control of your life whilst living with a mental health diagnosis
- The Samaritans - whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. They're here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org
- NHS depression support
- MIND provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem
- Young Minds provide young people with tools to look after their mental health, and aims to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health
- Time to Change is focus on challenging stigma and discrimination in society
- Childline is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor for free about anything - no problem is too big or too small
For more mental health support and advice in Leicestershire please visit: www.lampadvocacy.co.uk