Schools and learning

Registering your child with a school

If you have children and are moving into the area you will need to register them with a school. The Schools Admissions Code in England was changed in 2014 to support Service families, who can apply and be allocated a place before they move into an area. Children can be accepted mid-term and class sizes increased to beyond the normal maximum to accommodate them. You can find out more on page 25 of the  Schools Admissions Code

Further information on schools, learning and admissions: 


If your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), the SEND Local Offer is there to support you.