We're working with health colleagues and partners to make sure that the people of Harborough District are kept well informed with the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) information.
See up to date information about coronavirus restrictions in place.
Advice and information can be found on the NHS website, the Government Website and the BBC website. These are being updated regularly and include information about symptoms, how to obtain a coronavirus test, national covid infection levels, and shielding vulnerable people.
You may find the following links useful:
- Coronavirus information and leaflets in different languages, including BSL
- Equality, diversity and inclusion: links to coronavirus information and resources
- Coronavirus Travel Information from East Midlands Railway
Harborough district residents can check the local coronavirus figures on the Leicestershire County Council website .
If you need support or feel a vulnerable relative or neighbour could do with some help, please visit the Harborough District Council Community Hub web page.
More information about Coronavirus
Coronavirus are a group of viruses common across the world which can induce typical symptoms of fever and a cough that may progress to a severe pneumonia causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. There are general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol. This is particularly important after taking public transport. (NB Hand sanitisers are not that effective on already dirty hands)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, ideally try to maintain 2 metres distance
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment, domestic chemicals are suitable for this.
- If you are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or another healthcare environment
Common symptoms of Coronavirus:
- high temperature
- shortness of breath
- loss or change in normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
You can check if you have Coronavirus symptoms on the NHS 111 website.
Reduce the spread of the virus
It's really important that we all play our part in reducing the spread. Please remember:
- HANDS - Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds.
- FACE - Cover your face in enclosed spaces, especially where social distancing may be difficult
- SPACE - Stay two metres apart where possible, or one metre with extra precautions in place