Community Safety Partnership
The Community Safety Partnership was set up under Sections 5-7 of the Crime & Disorder Act 1998 and is made up of statutory services that work together to protect our local communities from crime and disorder to help people feel safer. Harborough Community Safety Partnership is made up of representatives from 5 partner agencies:
- Harborough District Council
- Leicestershire Constabulary
- Leicestershire County Council – including Leicestershire Youth Offending Service
- Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service
- Turning Point – Substance misuse recovery service
The partnership works out how to deal with local issues like anti-social behavior, protecting victims and reducing reoffending. They annually assess local crime priorities and consult partners and the local community about how to deal with them.
Funding for Community Safety Partnerships comes from the Office of Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC).