Make a payment for our services
You can pay for the following items using the council's online payment system:
- Council Tax
- Business rates (Non Domestic Rates)
- Invoices/Sundry debtors (this includes payment of invoices for refuse collections, Lifeline, allotment rents, building control inspection fees, or any other type of charges raised on a document with ‘invoice’ printed diagonally across it and a reference beginning with a letter (eg R0000001)
- Benefit overpayments
- Building control application fees
- Land charges
- Planning application fees (NOTE: for applications made by email direct to the Planning Department, or made on paper forms only. NOT for applications made through the Planning Portal please visit www.planningportal.co.uk to pay for these.)
How to make your online payment
To make an online payment you will need your reference/invoice/user number and either a debit or credit card.
To make a payment visit the council's online payment system then:
- Select the item you would like to pay for (If the bill you received has an invoice/reference number starting with a letter (eg R0000001) pay for this using the Sundry Debtors payment screen)
- Fill out the form with information about the payment and how much you want to pay
- Enter your card details
- Check your details and then confirm the payment
You can use most major credit and debit cards to make a payment. The following cards cannot be used:
- Diners Card
- American Express
Once you have submitted your online payment a webpage will show you all of the confirmed details and you can print this page as a paper receipt. If you require a receipt please ensure you print this page as we are unable to provide a receipt once this process has been completed.
If you provide your email address when completing the payment form you will receive an email which will be your receipt.
Keeping your details safe
Our online payment system is managed by Capita Software Services, a leading provider of secure online payments services to local government. They use the latest security technologies and procedures including the highest level of encryption commercially available. Capita collect all payments and customer details and this information cannot be accessed by the council.
Payment showing on your account
You can make a payment online at any time. All payments paid up to 5.20pm should show on your account within 48 hours; however, payments made over the weekend and on bank holidays can take slightly longer to show on your account.