Make a payment for our services
You can use the council's online payment system to pay for the following:
- Council Tax
- Business rates (Non Domestic Rates)
- Invoices/Sundry debtors - this includes payment of invoices for refuse collections, Lifeline, allotment rents, building control inspection fees, or any other type of charges raised on a document with ‘invoice’ printed diagonally across it and a reference beginning with a letter (eg R0000001)
- Benefit overpayments
- Building control application fees
- Land charges
- Penalty charges
- Planning application fees
This method requires your account reference number/invoice number and either debit or credit card details to use this facility.
Garden Waste Service
You can use the online form to subscribe to our Garden Waste Service. Pplease note that prior to subscribing, you will be asked to agree to our:
Payments for some of our services can be made through Direct Debits. This is the most convenient way for many people to make regular payments.
Council services that you can pay for by Direct Debit are:
- Council Tax - complete the Direct Debit setup form
- Business rates (National Non-Domestic Rates) - complete the Direct Debit setup form
- Invoices/sundry debtors - setup by calling 01858 828282
Payments for Council Tax and business rates can be debited from your nominated bank account on the 1, 8, 15 and 25 of the month.
Change Direct Debit details
You can change the details of current Direct Debits for Council Tax and business rates by completing the Direct Debit setup form - simply enter the new details and we will make the changes.
Automated phone system
You can make payments via an automated telephone system. Simply call 0345 300 3283 and follow the instructions.
You can pay for the following services using the automated telephone system:
- Council Tax
- Business rates (National Non-Domestic Rates)
- Sundry debtors
This method requires your account reference number/invoice number and either debit or credit card details.
Pay at the Post Office or a Payzone point
You can pay for your Council Tax at Post Offices and Payzones in the Harborough District. Simply take your Council Tax Demand Notice as they need to use the barcode to process your payment.
If you are paying by this method please pay this at least 5 days before the payment is due, this will ensure your payment is received by its due date. Please ensure you obtain and retain your receipt when paying by this method.
Other payment methods
You can also pay
- By calling our call centre on 01858 828282 during opening hours.
- By cheque - please post to Finance Services, Harborough District Council, Council Offices, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7AG.
Please write your cheque clearly in capital letters, using a black ball-point pen and make cheques payable to Harborough District Council.
We cannot take cash payments
Please note, we do not have the facility to accept cash payments at our offices. Sorry for any inconvenience.