Change of details
We are receiving a large number of emails and telephone enquiries. In the first instance please login to or register for MyServices which will give you online access to your Council Tax, Benefits and Business Rates Accounts. Most changes to demand notices can be seen immediately online, whereas the issue of paper bills may be delayed depending on staff resources and mail availability.
You will need your Council Tax account number to register.
Find out more about the 'My Services' account
You must tell us about any changes in your circumstances that could affect your Council Tax.
You must tell us of changes within 21 days of them happening. You may have to pay a fine if you don't do this.
Changes that you should tell us about include:
- If you have recently moved to the Harborough district
- A change of address
- A change in the number of adults living at your address
- A change in the way you pay Council Tax - but if you want to sign up to pay by Direct Debit or change the details of a current Direct Debit you can do this online.
- If you wish to claim a discount - you will need to provide a form for this
- If you have an empty property you are responsible for
Council Tax is a daily charge, so if you move to a different property you will pay up to the day before the moving date at your old property and from the moving date onwards at the new one. It is therefore very important that you give us the exact dates for any changes taking place.
If you own, or have a tenancy on, a property after the date you have left, you will still be liable for Council Tax payments until you sell or rent out the property or until the tenancy ends. It may be possible to get a discount for this period of time.
Moving to the Harborough District
If you are moving into a property in the Harborough District you should let us know as soon as possible so that we can send you a bill and spread out your Council Tax payments for as long as possible. We will also need details of your previous address.