Change of details
Find out more about the 'My Services' account
You must tell us about any change in your circumstances that could affect your Council Tax.
You must tell us of changes within 21 days of them happening. You may have to pay a fine if you don't do this.
Changes that you should tell us about include:
- If you have recently moved to the Harborough district
- A change of address
- A change in the number of adults living at your address
- A change in the way you pay Council Tax - but if you want to sign up to pay by Direct Debit or change the details of a current Direct Debit you can do this online.
- If you wish to claim a discount - you will need to provide a form for this
- If you have an empty property you are responsible for
Council Tax is a daily charge, so if you move to a different property you will pay up to the day before the moving date at your old property and from the moving date onwards at the new one. It is therefore very important that you give us the exact dates for any changes taking place.
If you own, or have a tenancy on, a property after the date you have left, you will still be liable for Council Tax payments until you sell or rent out the property or until the tenancy ends. It may be possible to get a discount for this period of time.
Moving to the Harborough District
If you are moving into a property in the Harborough District you should let us know as soon as possible so that we can send you a bill and spread out your Council Tax the payments for as long as possible. We will also need details of your previous address.