Report an issue with smoke, smells or light

Report nuisance caused by

  • Light
  • Smoke
  • Dust from commercial properties
  • Odour from commercial properties
  • Insects and flies from commercial properties
  • Other nuisance such as Japanese Knotweed

Before you report a problem you should first try to politely speak or write to the person or organisation causing the issue. Although you may find this difficult, it is surprising how often people are unaware of the problems they are causing.

Please note:you should not use this form to repor an issue with noise. If you would like to make a complaint about noise nuisance, please complete our online noise nuisance report form.

How we will use your information

Your information will be used so that we can administer and respond to your complaint under our complaints procedure. Under Article 6(1) (e) of the General Data Protection Regulations, we are permitted to use data for our tasks; data protection law describes this legal basis for handling your information.

It will be used by Harborough District Council in order to process and respond to your complaint only. It may be necessary to share some details with other Council departments and partners in order to respond to your complaint fully. We will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties without your consent unless required or allowed to do so by law.

For further information on how your information is used and your rights to access information we hold about you, please contact: Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam and Eve St, Market Harborough LE16 7AG or or