Car park permits
Harborough District Council has a fast, convenient and more environmentally-friendly permit system for all its car parks - electronic permits (‘e-permits’). Click the button below to visit the E-permit site, then click Business Permits or Resident Season Tickets, as required. The reference number required for residents' tickets is your Council Tax number:
Once the e-permit application is completed online it is effective immediately and does not need to be displayed in a vehicle. Harborough District Council’s Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), who monitor parking in the district, are able to check if a valid permit is in place simply by checking your vehicle’s registration number using a handheld device.
The number of permits for each site has been calculated to ensure that they will not exceed capacity. There are no permit only spaces but permit holders should always be able to find a space.
Once a permit has expired, it will not automatically be reissued – a new application must be made.
Long stay car park permits
Car park permits can be purchased for the following car parks:
- Angel Street in Market Harborough (12 permits available)
- Chapel Street in Lutterworth (13 permits available)
- Church Close in Lutterworth (8 permits available)
- Doddridge Road in Market Harborough (55 permits available)
- Springfield Street in Market Harborough (15 permits available)
- Stamford Close in Market Harborough (44 permits available, and 6 permits for businesses)
- St Mary's Road East in Market Harborough (14 permits available)
- Symington Recreation Ground in Market Harborough (10 permits available)
Changes to long stay car park permit charges
Changes to long stay car park permit charges will come into effect on 4 September 2020. This follows a decision made as part of the last review of the Parking Order in 2017 to reduce the discount for car park permits from 40% to 33% in 2020.
This still represents a considerable saving on the daily charge of £4.00, reducing the cost to £2.70 on a 6 day annual permit. No other fees are affected by this change and there will be no increase in the hourly or daily rate for parking.
New permit prices from 4 September 2020
A limited number of parking permits will be available to purchase on an annual, half yearly or quarterly basis on certain car parks at the following prices:
|Number of days a week the permit allows for parking||
Cost for permit for 12 months
Cost for permit for 6 months
Cost for permit for 1 month
Stamford Close car park permits
Stamford Close car park is for residents of Nithsdale Avenue only upon display of a valid permit. There is a charge of £40 per year for a permit.
Due to increasing demand for space in this car park it is now necessary to restrict residents permits to one per household. You may still have two registrations on one permit.
Residential parking permits
Leicestershire County Council manages all residents’ parking in Leicestershire. Find out more about residents' parking permits and how to apply.
Harborough District Council parking permit terms and conditions
- Parking permits are only valid in the car park specified.
- Where an E Permit has been issued, a physical parking permit is not required to be displayed as vehicles will, be identified by means of a hand held device.
- Permits will not be issued on an in-perpetuity basis; at the end of any period (quarter, half yearly or annum) for which a permit has been purchased, if the site is oversubscribed new permits will be allocated by drawing lots between all applicants.
- Refunds will only be considered against annual parking permits if the permit is surrendered before its expiry date. Any refund will be calculated by working out any remaining quarterly charges, excluding the quarter that notice is received in, and refunding the appropriate amount minus administration costs. Requests for refunds must be made in writing.
- If a permit holder requests a change to the Company Name, Vehicle Registration details or the days valid for after a permit has been produced, an administration cost will be applied for the re-issuing of that permit.
- Parking permits are valid for the specified days of the week only. Outside of these days normal parking charges apply.
- Holding a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space.
- A permit holder failing to have in force a parking permit valid for the relevant car park at that time, shall be liable to a Penalty Charge Notice.
- Permit holders are still subject to all conditions contained in The District of Harborough (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2017, copies of which can be provided upon request.
- Parking Permits used in breach of these terms and conditions may be withdrawn and if a Civil Enforcement Officer has reasonable cause to believe that a person is misusing a parking permit.