Licence for club premises


To provide alcohol and regulated entertainment in a club that requires membership you need to have a club premises certificate. A club can apply for this certificate for any premises which are occupied and used regularly for club purposes.


If you have a problem downloading the application form, right click the download link and choose “Save link as” and save to your computer. Then go to the file, right click and choose “Open with Adobe”.

Application for a new club premises licence

Declaration for a club premises certificate

Application for a minor variation to a premises or club licence

Application for a variation to a club premises certificate

Completed forms should be emailed to or posted to Regulatory Services and Licensing Team, Harborough District Council Council Offices, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7AG.

The fee for an application is based on the non-domestic rateable value (NDRV) of the premises. You can check your rateable value at the Valuation Office Agency website. You will also need to pay an annual fee to cover monitoring and enforcement.

Make an annual payment for a club licence


Rateable Value

Fee for conversion during transition, new premises, and variation to existing licence

Fee for variation made at same time as application for Conversion

Additional fee for premises where primary activity is sale of alcohol by retail for consumption on premises

Annual fee

Additional annual fee for premises where primary activity is sale of alcohol by retail for consumption on premises



































and above






Your application will be dealt with within 2 months from receipt of your documents.

You will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us within 2 months of the application being received.

You must make an annual payment to renew your existing licence.

Changes to your licence

You must tell us about changes to your club if:

  • There are any changes to the rules or name of the club 
  • If a certificate is in place and the registered address of the club changes 
  • A club wants to change details on a certificate

Notification of change of details or club rules.