Report a change of circumstance

When to report a change

If you are a Council Taxpayer or receive benefits you need to tell us if your circumstances change. These include:

  • change your name
  • move house or change your billing address
  • changes in your household or property ownership
  • If you receive benefits you will also need to report this change

Your entitlement to an exemption, discount or benefit may change and if you withhold this information you may be committing an offence, which could result in a notice being issued and a penalty of £70.