Business Support

Prepare your business for EU exit

As EU exit approaches, please see the below links which could help you to prepare your business:


EORI Registration

Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) numbers are a unique ID number allocated to businesses that enables them to be identified by Customs authorities when doing business with other traders.

Businesses that only trade with the EU will need an EORI number:

  • to continue to import or export goods with the EU, if the UK leaves the EU without a deal; and
  • before they can apply for authorisations that will make customs processes easier.

HMRC are now allocating VAT registered companies across the UK with an EORI number automatically - find out more here.

If your business is not VAT-registered, you will still need to register for an EORI number.

Once you've done this you can register for Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP).


Can't find what you are looking for? Email to see if we can help. For regular business updates follow us on twitter and sign up to our business newsletter.