Accommodation Certificate

What is an accommodation certificate?

Accommodation certificates are required by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate of the Home Office and by the British High Commission in the relevant country, for any individuals requiring a visa application to enter and to reside in the UK with relatives, on a permanent or semi-permanent basis.

The application is made by the householder in the United Kingdom, this is known as the Sponsor.

The certificate, if granted, shows that the property is considered to provide a safe and healthy environment for the occupants and that the property satisfies the overcrowding standard in the Housing Acts 1985 and 2004.

If you are intending to live in the UK, on a permanent or semi-permanent basis and require a Visa to enter the country then you are likely to require an Accommodation Certificate.

You can find out the cost of an application for an accomodation certificate on our fees and charges webpage.

How to apply for an accommodation certificate?

Firstly, you will need to make payment of the appropriate fee by calling our contact centre on 01858 82 82 82. Once you have made payment and received your payment authorisation code, you must download and complete our Application for UK Entry Accommodation Inspection Form.

Upon receipt of the completed application form including the payment authorisation code, an Officer will contact you to arrange an inspection.