Business rates - FAQs

When to contact us

Below are some examples when to contact the council: 

  • Occupying a new business premises 
  • Vacating a business premises  
  • Changes in the ownership / tenants 
  • Updating correspondence address  
  • Change direct debit details 
  • A change of use, for example converting the premises to domestic use 

Please contact us on 

Please remember to include your name, address, and business rates account reference in the email you send to us.